Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hair So Long That It Look Like Weave....

Sew-In by ForeverRikk
Yesterday I gave my roommate a sew in....most people don't know that I actually do hair, well I do. Sew-In's are a great protective hair style for naturals and for those who have a relaxer. It keeps you from applying heat to your hair daily, which causes damage, and can stunt the growth of your natural hair, and it also allows your hair to breathe! Staying out of your hair is one of the easiest ways to just allow your hair to grow! 

But here is the process that I go through to do a full sew-in (hair extensions):

1. I start off with medium/small braids going straight too the back.

Leaving the desired amount of hair that the client wants left out.  For a more natural look.

2. I sew on a net over the braids for protection

A net will help the sew in last longer, because you will not have direct contact with the braids in your sew-in. 

3. I start sewing the hair from the nape of the neck, working my way up. 

I make sure I put the needle and thread through the track then through the braid. 

4. Once I finish sewing the hair in I usually curl the extensions for the client.


Once the curls fell...




Stay Wrighteous.
XOXO,
ForeverRikk

No comments:

Post a Comment

images images images